110 N Whipple St
Fort Bragg, CA 95437 USA
(updated 5 April, 2020)
- University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19711; May, 1977-June, 1981
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville; January, 2003-June, 2005
- Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield, Iowa;
Feb, 2015-June, 2018
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, June, 1981
- Masters of Science, Computer Science, June, 2018
- Four Semesters Dean's List,
- Tau Beta Pi, Eta Kappa Nu
- 29 April, 1990-1994, August 22, 2011-Present Wolfram Research, Inc.,
100 Trade Center Drive, Champaign, IL 61826 Freelance Computer
Graphics Artist, Technical Staff Member.
- November 1, 2010-July 31,
2011 The HDF Group
1 July, 2007 - December 31, 2009, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- September 1, 2005 - December 24, 2006, STG Inc., Contractor for
National Climatic Data Center, Asheville, NC
- July 1, 2005 - June 30, 2007, University of North Carolina-Asheville
- July 1, 2002 - June 30, 2005, UT-Battelle LLC, contractor for
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- 1 June, 1996 - October, 1999, Walt Disney Feature Animation. 500 South
Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521-8962, (818)526-3423. Software Technical
- October, 1999 - Present, Walt Disney Feature Animation. 500 South
Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521-8962, (818)526-3423. Senior Technical
Director, Production Software, "Wild Life", "Magic Lamp" (Tokyo DisneySea),
"3-D Mickey Test" (Disney Corporate), "Mickey's Philharmagic" (Walt Diney World
- 9 November, 1993 - 23 May, 1995
ReZ.n8 Productions, Inc.
6430 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 1000
Hollywood, CA 90028
(213)957-2161. Systems Manager, technical strategist in
multimedia over wide-area networks.
- 4 January, 1988-31 October, 1993
The Post Group
6335 Homewood Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90028
(213)462-2300 X810. 3D Graphics Programmer,
Digital Center. Co-inventor of a distributed multiprocessing
method for theatrical film recording from digital video (525/625-line)
with enhanced image quality.
- 1 November, 1984-23 December, 1987 Goldsholl
Design and Film, Inc., 420 Frontage Road, Northfield, IL 60093
(312)446-8300. Direction, Production and
Technical Support of Computer-Generated
Imagery and Animation. Founded the Goldsholl
Design and Film Computer Graphics Department.
- 11 February, 1981-30 October, 1984 AT&T Technologies, Inc., 1200 Warrenville
Road, Naperville, IL 60566. Development
Engineer, Diagnostic Development 5ESS, on
permanent assignment to AT&T Bell Laboratories
- 29 April, 1990-Present Wolfram Research, Inc.
100 Trade Center Drive, P.O. Box 6059,
Champaign, IL 61826-6059, Freelance Computer
- January, 1989-Present Film and Video School,
California Institute of the Arts,
24700 McBean Parkway, Valencia, CA 91355
(805)255-1050 X2427. Technical Consultant,
Computer Graphics Laboratory.
- UNIX System and heterogeneous computer network programming and
administration in the film and video graphics production industry. System
types: Silicon Graphics (IRIX, C, C++ and GL fluent, X/Motif), Sun, Pixar Image
Computer (CHAPTools, CHAP-IP, CHAP-Volumes, CHAP-C, CHAP-Assembler), IBM-PC
Compatible (DOS, Mark Williams C, Novelle), Apple Macintosh (MAC-TOPS,
NFS-Share, MacOS 9, MacOS-X, Darwin); Internetwork routers: Cayman Systems,
- Peripherals: Abekas A60 (Ethernet and SCSI Interfaces), Solitaire Image
Recorder, Quantel Mirage, Sony System G, Cyberware Laboratory 3-D Digitizer,
Computer-Aided Rapid Mechanical Prototyping (Automated Fabrication, e.g.:
Stereolithography, etc.) Systems.
- Software: OpenInventor, Builder Xcessory, Alias/Maya API, Wavefront
Technologies Advanced Visualizer and custom enhancements to the Advanced
Visualizer capability, Side Effects Software Prisms maintenance, custom
electronic film printer applications, Pixar Image Computer image processing
suite, including volume visualization, RenderMan maintenance the
Mathematica system for doing mathematics by computer, custom
interfaces for Automated Fabrication.
- Stewart Dickson, William Villarreal; Video Signal Processing System,
United States Patent
5,191,416, March 2, 1993.
- Stewart Dickson;
Stringed Musical Instrument with Electrical Feedback,
United States Patent 4,248,120; Feb 3, 1981, (Electroacoustic Monochord).
- The Long Now Foundation
- American Mensa Ltd.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Graphics Special Interest Group (SIGGRAPH)
- International Sculpture Center (ISC),
- International Society for the Arts, Sciences and Technology (ISAST)
- Inter-Society for the Electronic Arts (ISEA)